The Foundation’s first major national fundraising project took place in March last year at 15 locations throughout Ireland and saw more than 25,000 people come together to celebrate the game of football and their contribution to local communities across the country.
In addition to the money clubs raised for themselves by taking part in the Walk, more than 60 clubs across the country benefitted from grants allocated to them by the foundation in 2011
This year the Walk of Dreams will take place on Monday 7th of May in 20 locations across Ireland and will help raise funds to develop the facilities and services that clubs can offer their community as well as contributing to other important local initiatives.
This is a unique opportunity for all clubs in Ireland to walk together and demonstrate the importance of football in Irish community life.
Clubs, schools and community groups that sign up to the ‘Walk of Dreams’ will receive a Fundraising Pack. Members taking part in the ‘Walk of Dreams’ fundraise in their local community using the sponsorship cards.
50% of all monies raised go to your club and 50% to the John Giles Foundation to be reinvested in your local community
Through the ‘Walk of Dreams’ the foundation will support local community programmes and personnel and invest in facilities development such as football equipment for football clubs or schools, auxillary coaches or programmes that benefit the community through football.
Your club can apply for funding for a programme or development online from Monday 2nd July to Friday 31st August
If you have any queries regarding the ‘Walk of Dreams’, please contact us here
- Club, school or community group signs up on www.johngilesfoundation.com
- When signing up you appoint a ‘Walk of Dreams’ Captain. Captain receives Captain’s Card & Sponsorship Cards and distributes to members to begin fundraising
- Each member signs up family, friends and members of community to sponsor their walk, donating to your Club and the John Giles Foundation
- Clubs take part in their local Walk of Dreams
- Clubs simply retain 50% of funds raised. ‘Walk of Dreams’ captain ensures captain’s card is complete and returns it and half amount raised to John Giles Foundation, PO Box 11977, Dublin 15 by Tuesday 15th May
- Appoint a ‘Walk of Dreams’ Captain who will enthuastically encourage club members to fundraise and participate along with ensuring the paperwork is efficiently managed.
- Get as many of your players, coaches, volunteers and friends of the club to walk under your club banner, provided by the John Giles Foundation and raise as much as possible for you and the Foundation.
- Your Club may also submit an application for funding to the Foundation via the website from Monday 2nd July to Friday 31st August.